David Roberts, Director
David has over 35 years experience in research, consultation and performance information systems. He has an Honours degree in Anthropology from Adelaide University and is accredited as a Qualified Practicing Market Researcher (QPMR). He is a past President of the Australasian Evaluation Society and was Chair of the Awards Committee for three years, responsible for rewarding professional excellence in evaluation. He has skills in both qualitative and quantitative methods and has participated in over 30 research projects, including three cross-portfolio policy reviews. Much of his work focuses on assessing and improving government programs; business structures; and business processes. David's other successes include helping organizations develop program logics; and providing advice on commissioning evaluations. David has worked across a range of sectors including ageing, disability services, education and training, food regulation, health, homelessness, national security, rural communities and social security. David has a commitment to quality and has published articles on qualitative research methods, consumer development and consumer participation.
- Master of Assessment and Evaluation (MAE), Melbourne University
- BA (Hons) in Anthropology, Adelaide University.
- Qualified Practicing Market Researcher (QPMR), accreditation by the Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS)
- Certificate - Primary Health Care Advocate, South Australian Community Health Association.
- Certificate - Primary Health Care, Health Industry Development Council
- Certificate - Financial Management in Health, Health Industry Development Council
Awards & Appointments
2016 Rosalind Hurworth Prize for Best Conference Paper (Australasian Evaluation Society)
David was awarded the prize for his paper It ain't necessarily so: The implications of cognitive science for evaluation methods
His appointments include:
- Member, Alliance and Advocacy Committee, Australasian Evaluation Society (2016-)
- President, Australasian Evaluation Society (2012-2014)
- Board of Trustees, International Organisation for Cooperation in Evaluation (2012-2014)
- Management Group, EvalPartners (2012-2014)
- Chair, Awards Committee, Australasian Evaluation Society (2010-12)
- Board of the Australasian Evaluation Society (2005-06)
- Steering Committee, Hospital in the Home Evaluation, Canberra Hospital (1997-98)
- Inaugural Chair of the ACT Health Advisory Council (1994-96)
- ACT Health Goals and Targets Reference Group (1994)
- President of the Health Care Consumers Association of the ACT (1993-94).
- Board of the Riverland Youth Theatre (1991-92)
- Foundation Vice President, Housing and Disability Forum, South Australia (1989-90)
- Ministerial Reference Group on 'Licensing of Supported Residential Facilities' (1989)
- Ministerial Advisory Committee (Home Assistance Scheme) (1985-87)
- Board of Management, South Australian Council on The Ageing Inc. (1985-87)
- Board of the Adelaide University Theatre Guild (1975)
- President Adelaide University Drama Society (1975)
- Secretary, Students Association University of Adelaide (1973)